SUBMISSION DEADLINE: April 30, 2023
The KLBMD Education Foundation will award up to eight (8) scholarships for the 2023-2024 academic year. The scholarships are for one year in the amount of $1,000 each, payable at $500 per semester. Second semester awards are contingent upon passing grades for the first semester. These one-year awards may be used at any accredited college, university or vocational school. Scholarship winners will be chosen during June and notified in July. Winners must enroll as full-time college students in the Fall of 2023. (All payments go directly to the college.)
In order to be eligible for award you must fall under one of the following categories:
- Full-time employee or dependent of an owner or full-time employee (spouse, child, or grandchild) of a company that is a member of KBMA. Employee must have been employed during the two years preceding January 1, 2023. Previous scholarship applicants/recipients are encouraged to reapply.
- Part-time employees of member companies are eligible; their dependents are not. Part-time employees must have been employed during the two years preceding January 1, 2023.
Please complete the included forms in their entirety and submit with the following supporting documents:
- Three (3) letters of recommendation as outlined below:
- One from the owner or general manager of the KBMA member firm.
- One from a principal, teacher or counselor at the school you are presently attending or, if not presently attending school, the school most recently attended.
- One from a person of your choice, excluding family members, who knows you well from school, work, or other contact such as sports, etc.
- Each letter should NOT exceed ONE (1) page in length.
- Official transcript from most recent semester or academic year as described below:
- If applying for your FIRST semester of college please submit official transcripts from your senior year of high school
- If applying as a CURRENT or RETURNING college student, please submit official transcripts from your most recent semester of full-time college